I provide faith based independent doula services. I strive to help mothers achieve empowerment and sometimes healing through the process of bringing a new life into this world naturally. Birth is a sacred experience and each woman's journey is unique and all her own. I desire to help women see God’s hand in their pregnancy and birth process; allowing him to be present in each step.
How does God intend birth to be? How can we grow in our faith and seek him in the process or pregnancy and childbirth? Are we allowing him to give us strength when we fall short? Are we trusting in His design of birth? Are we finding unity as Christians when speaking of God within birth? Am I allowing God to humble my spirit and see His hand in all things including birth?
These are questions I have strived to ask myself and continue to ask myself on each journey I take with a mother and father. I cherish life and see every child as an individual blessing every day. I cherish each mother and father and desire to show loving support on the journey of parenthood.
What is a Doula?
• We are the emotional and physical support to mom through every stage of labor and delivery
• We provide resources to parents about whir choices.
• We empower parents to educate and advocate for themselves and their baby
• We provide lactation support
• We offer support and reassurance to father or birth partner through the delivery process
What can Doula's do?
• Help guide you on comfort measures, positioning and other relaxation techniques through your labor and delivery
•Follow HIPPA guidelines for all care
• Help provide clarity and resources so you are aware of your option and can make educated decisions.
• Guide you to be empowered to speak to staff about your choices and make your own decisions.
What can't Doula's do?
• Perform any form of medical or clinical care.
• Stop or interfere with emergency medical care.
• Make any decisions for the client and family.
• Speak on your behalf to any staff members.
Trauma victims I hold very close to my heart. I know your pain and anxiety on a very deep level as I have walked the road of pregnancy and birth with PTSD.
You will have support from someone who truly understands your feelings and has personal experience walking this journey.
I truly believe in the power of God’s ability to heal through birth.